Monday, January 18, 2016

We are all just walking each other home

We had Stake Conference yesterday and the talks that I did hear were amazing! I also had a good time while walking the halls with Olivia when she couldn't keep calm in the meeting. Towards the end I made my way to the small foyer by the offices and there was a lady sitting there by herself. I asked if we would totally be ruining her experience and she said not at all. So we sat down. She asked me how old Olivia was and said some things that were just what I needed....
Lady: "She looks like she is a sweet baby.. my first one was a trip and a half!" 
Me: "Oh?" 
Lady: "Yeah, it was not what I imagined motherhood to be like.. I was constantly questioning my decision to have a baby. And wondering if I should even have anymore kids!" 
Me: "Really? I thought I was the only one! I feel so inadequate sometimes as a mother.. I find myself asking that same question." 
Lady:"Oh dear, don't worry about anything.. if you are asking that question then you are ok. There is no wrong or right way. I had my second baby and he was the sweetest baby. I'm pretty sure that Heavenly Father did that for me so I would want to have more babies!" 

Now, I'm not saying Olivia is a bad or hard baby but sometimes I feel like I am doing it all wrong or like I'm not going to be a good enough mom for her. Then I meet a sweet lady in the church foyer and she reminds me that I'm not the only one that has or will ever feel this way. 
One of the talks, a leader read a letter from his daughter who is serving a mission. She wrote that a lady that worked for a facility that houses handicapped adults couldn't come to church on Sundays because she always worked. They talked to her and she was going to try everything she could to get to church. The next Sunday the doors to the chapel opened and the lady was coming in and behind her was a long line of people following her. They were a bunch of the handicapped people from her work. She got them to come to church with her so she could come. They all came and sat next to the missionaries for sacrament. The last song was "I am A Child of God" and she teared up thinking about these amazing people that got to come to church that day because of this one lady. She wrote "We are all just walking each other home." I love that and will never forget that about any situation I am in. 
Once again, I am reminded that Heavenly Father is looking out for us and placing people in our paths to help us remember. 

0 notes: