Monday, November 24, 2014

Hard things, Happy things

  So things have been happening in a Roller coaster-like sequence. 
Some things are happy and some things are hard. 
Some things you plan and some things you don't. I've learned a lot. You can't plan on things because they always seem to change and then make you mad or sad. You just have to roll with it. Don't get me wrong.. so many things that have been happening are blessings, huge blessings! And then there are some that are blessings in disguise. I just need my minute (sometimes hour) of freak out time then I am good.. thinking of all the good that can come of it. You also need to have your rock. I have a couple of those in my life. The first is my Spencer. He is so good to me, puts up with some craziness and is still my rock, my beacon, my constant. Then I have the Gospel. I know that with what I believe and my foundation I have in that I will always be ok. Heavenly Father has some amazing plans and He loves us. 
   Some specifics: 
      I got a new calling in Young Women's this last week and I know that is where I am supposed to be. Of course there was a moment when I freaked out and thought, how am I supposed to be a leader to these young women? I hope I can be as amazing as my leaders were... Then I thought back to all my leaders and took things from all of them that I loved. I wish I could go hug all of them and tell then just how thankful I am for them and their influences. I hope to be like them in this calling. It seriously is my dream to be in Young Women's! So excited! 
     Other things.. that cannot be divulged at this moment. But holy smokes.. lots of emotions! 

     The only thing I can say is that with this time of year, ya know, Thanksgiving and all.. I have been really able to look into things and think of how grateful I am and for all I have.  
Family-Friends-Technology-Missionaries-Ward Family-A WONDERFUL HUSBAND-The Gospel 
 (in no specific order) 
Here's a pic of two of my rocks.. ;) 

2 notes:

Cara said...

You do have such a good husband. How exciting about the new calling!!! Wanna trade???? I know you wanna be the gospel doctrine teacher for our ward! HAHAHA.
Lots of love to you during your time of happy and hard time.
I would say we need a double date night but lets ditch those boys and just go out and get pedicures!!!!

Chelsea Diane said...

Cara, I could not teach sunday school like you do!! So you better keep that one.. haha!
And yes yes a thousand times yes! Girls night!!
I need a pedi so bad!