Friday, August 1, 2014

One year ago today...

One year ago today I made a jar of salsa that changed my life. 
See, the week before at linger longer Kayla had said we made salsa to the boy we only knew of as "Altima boy"(from when we saw him getting into his Altima the week before that) She said I would take some over to him as he lived right next door to us. Well we got home and there was like half a cup left.. so I would have to make more. Well it took me til Thursday to make it so I bought a bag of chips to make up for it being 4 days late. Well, last minute I decided to write my name and number on a piece of paper and take it too..I just had a feeling to do it so I grabbed a piece of paper and went with that feeling. So I wrote it down, thought it looked like a 3rd grader wrote it, threw it away and tried again. This time it looked like I was trying too hard.. tossed that one too... Ok, last time.. it looked good enough!
So there I was.. walking over to his house.. chips, salsa (which I was sure was far too hot.. haha!!) and my phone number on a piece of paper.. All of a sudden I lost some confidence.. What am I doing? He is gonna think I am crazy for giving him my number like this.. My knees got all weak and I seriously considered crumpling the paper and tossing it.. 
I stopped, had a moment of clarity that it was a good thing to do.. so I did it. Next thing I know I was knocking on the door... He came down from his room to get it.. I said we should get together to watch movies or something.. He said sure and he was excited about the salsa and then gave me an awkward (but cute) side hug.. hah! 
After it was all said and done, I walked home feeling really optimistic and just good.. Butterflies in my stomach?.. Oh you betcha! I even did the awkward Chandler dance when I got up to my house..
That very the next day he texted me to hang out and we have been hanging out every single day since then.. 
I'm glad I had the confidence to give him my number!! Whew! 
(Oh, by the way, he kept that piece of paper with my number on it on his nightstand... what?!? Adorable!!) 
**Spencer's side of the story coming next!! 
 Happy Salsa Anniversary babe!! 

0 notes: