Monday, January 5, 2009

craving--satisfied (includes recipe)

Some days you just need to indulge in a craving.. especially on said days you were really good about what you ate and feel like you deserved it..


..Today..


I needed some no bake cookies.. they have been some of my most favorite cookies for the longest time.. and it doesn't help that they are soo simple to make! There is actually a cute story I thought about while making them this afternoon..


When I moved out from my parents house for the first time two years ago my mom had packed me a box of food from their house.While unpacking the box I found enough of the sugar, cocoa and oats to make these cookies a few times. It was very thoughtful of her and I will always remember how sweet it was that she wanted to make sure I was able to whip up some of these babies to make me feel at home!




No Bake Cookies recipe

1. In a saucepan melt one stick of butter.

2. Add 2 cups of sugar, 1/2 cup milk and 1/3 cup cocoa and 1tsp. of vanilla extract and stir.

(optional, add a spoonful of peanut butter)

3. Let this come to a rolling boil for one minute and take off heat.

4. One cup at a time, add in 3 cups of rolled quick oats and stir until all oats are covered.

5. Spoon out into wax paper and let stand for a few minutes.

6. Enjoy!!!!

1 notes:

Krissa said...

I love those cookies...They looks so good. I have not had them in such a long time!!!